Assistance with Modbus Serial to Ethernet IP

scantime

Hello, we have been tasked with finding a solution to add Modbus devices to an Ethernet IP network. Is there anyone that has experience with a specific converter? I did a cursory search and found some interesting devices by Prosoft, but first-hand experience would be helpful.

Thanks!

Have a look at these modbus gateways:

http://www.moxa.com/product/MGate_MB3180_3280_3480.htm

I have used one of these before when communicating between a Schneider Premium PLC and a 3rd party irrigation controller. Someone else set it up though so not sure how easy that bit was, but it has been working reliably for a couple years now.

I've used one of their other general ethernet to serial converters and that was pretty straight forward to configure.

Anyone know of one that will repeat the serial connection? In other words I could plug the source device into one side, pull ethernet modbus out the middle and still repeat the serial connection to a PC for its original purpose.

Anyone know of one that will repeat the serial connection? In other words I could plug the source device into one side, pull ethernet modbus out the middle and still repeat the serial connection to a PC for its original purpose.

You can do that with the Red Lion device, download the manual and check it out.
đź“š

I know you could do this with the digi when converting ab df1 to ethernet ip. I am sure you could do the same with modbus. just keep in mind that you cant poll tremendously fast with both masters.

I like the AnyBus modules. I am a ModBus N00B, but have gotten it to work more than once :).