Factorytalk Viewpoint on PC

mjp123gp

Is it possible to run Factorytalk Viewpoint on a PC? I have an HMI thats running FTV station on a PC in a control room. I'd like to be able to access the HMI from an iPad out on the floor. They are all on the same network. I have done this before but I was accessing a PanelView Plus. All I had to do was type the panelviews IP in the address bar of the browser to pull up the screens. Will it work the same way with a PC?

Thanks
Mark

I think FT Viewpoint is just a webserver serving up your HMI screens so it should be operating system agnostic. It should show up in any web browser.

ViewPoint requires Microsoft Silverlight be installed on the web browser you are planning on using. I am not sure if Silverlight is available for the iPad browser.I have yet to find a Silverlight plug in for Android either.

Is it possible to run Factorytalk Viewpoint on a PC? I have an HMI thats running FTV station on a PC in a control room. I'd like to be able to access the HMI from an iPad out on the floor. They are all on the same network. I have done this before but I was accessing a PanelView Plus. All I had to do was type the panelviews IP in the address bar of the browser to pull up the screens. Will it work the same way with a PC?

Thanks
Mark

Were you able to get this to work?

Yes it's Possible ? yes it relatively the same thing, are you familiar with iis web-server in windows, i can assit in any Questions you may have