4*9 Matrix LEDs

shahid_6673

Hi,
I am working on a project having 4 * 9 Matrix LED having different time for on and off. Please help me that how to use a standard PLC program for matrix LEDs.

1. There is no "standard" PLC program, but hundreds of different brands and models of PLCS. Please state the brand and model of your PLC. That is necessary in order to help you.

2. You have an ON time and OFF time, but you did not say how that relates to your matrix. What is to be done with the ON and OFF times? What is the goal, the object, or the purpose of the program you are supposed to write? You must know the purpose, otherwise you wiil never get to that point. "Write a program for matrix LEDs" is not a purpose or goal. You must state how the LEDs are supposed to operate. Do you want the LEDs to spell out letters or numbers, or just go on and off? How to do any of these will depend on how your matrix is wired. See this link:
http://www.best-microcontroller-projects.com/led-dot-matrix-display.html

Last edited:
When I hear Matrix LED I usually think of something used with small embedded controllers like an Arduino or Propeller. Like this:

MFrey_LED-Matrix_Hangman.gif

With those you are usually trying to display a character or small glyph or animation. Many of those things rely on the persistence of vision to very quickly turn a combination of I/O on and off to light the LEDs in sequence fast enough so that your eye cannot perceive the sequencing.

If that is what you are trying to do, you will most likely need a micro-controller as the scan times of PLCs are generally not that fast.

Like Lancie1 said, please give us some specifics...