License Issue with Proficy Machine Edition

Manoj M

Hello Experts,
I am having trouble with licensing the PME 8.5. I have recently installed PME on 2 machines. In first one I went through all the license setup procedure but on second machine it is saying it will be active for only 4 days trial period. Then I looked on internet for How to transfer license from one machine to another and it comes up with nice piece of information, step by step guide and thought I hit the Jackpot, but It is not that easy. When I opened the product authorization window on my first machine, it was blank and I was expecting something to be transferred. So my question is How can I transfer license from one machine to another where I cant see any license in first machine. Plus I have hardware authorization key but it is not helping much.
Am I missing any obvious step???

Thanks in advance
Cheers

When you are licensing with a hardware key, the license is on the key. The key must be in place when you start PME. When you want to start PME on another PC you move the key to that machine.
The transfer procedure you referred to is for when the license resides on the PC.

Hello Steve
thanks for your Quick response. I have the hardware key installed on second machine but still it is coming up with 4 days trial period message.

Thanks

Hello Steve
Is there anyway we can save an existing program in a lower version. My customer has 8.0 in his machine and I have 8.5 and he cant open the program because of conflict in versions. Is there any way I can save the program in 8.0.

Thanks

Hello Steve
Is there anyway we can save an existing program in a lower version. My customer has 8.0 in his machine and I have 8.5 and he cant open the program because of conflict in versions. Is there any way I can save the program in 8.0.

Thanks
I am not Steve, so pardon the intrusion.

No, PME cannot "Save" to a different version from what is being used.

The best option is to have your customer upgrade to the latest version, if they have a GlobalCare subscription it does not cost anything.
Your other option is to save all the 'changed' parts to a Toolchest drawer, export the drawer, then import it to the older version.
Another option would be for you to install version 8.0 and replicate the changes. Your license for 8.50 will work with the older version. (There is another option similar to this however it may not be legal.)

Of course the best option is to do some homework up front and verify that the proper tools to do the job hired for are at hand.

Last edited:
Not any help to the op but we always include our software revisions on our tendering document and any SDS documentation which saves arguments later because they have then technically accepted our software revisions

Cheers