Micrologix 1400 Modbus to Quantum PLC

eluder

I am having issues getting a Micrologix 1400 to grab a tag from a quantum PLC.

I have the message instruction setup correctly I believe but I keep getting errors saying no response from network or something like that.

Has anyone sucessfully got this working with a quantum PLC.

Set up is Modbus TCP/IP and I can ping the IP address with no issues that i want to talk to, just not getting responses from the Quantum PLC.

Thanks

Test the addressing first with a tool like ModScan32, then try the MicroLogix 1400 MSG instruction again.

The trickiest setting I've found with the MSG instruction is making sure you get the Unit ID right. A Quantum should respond to Unit ID=1 because it's a proper Modbus device but I've seen all sorts of variations on this with non-Modicon stuff.

What OS is your quantum running? If it's a Unity based processor then you'll need to have State RAM addressing enabled for this to work. have a look in the Unity Help file on how to do this, it's pretty simple to allocate registers and then assign addresses to your tags.

Unfortunately my Quantums are still running whatever they stuck in them back in '98, with some dodgy 3rd party programmer that likes crashing mid-way through online edits!