What is a Trailer Fuse Block

When you have a fused disconnect where the fuses are very small, the fuses clip directly into the switch mechanism.
Allen-bradley-1494V-DS60-flanged-saftey-switch-picture.jpg

But if you need a larger disconnect with longer fuses, the TOP part of the fuse clips into the switch mechanism, but the bottom of the fuses clip into a separate block that you mount further down on the back panel. That separate block is called the "trailer block", because it "trails" at the end of the fuses.
fuse-block-1494v-fsr666-with-terminal-guard-1494v-ds60-cnc-allen-bradley-a-b_5-800x600.jpg

Depending on the type and class of fuse, the trailer block is mounted at different distances and you use different clips on it, that way people cannot install the wrong class / type / voltage of fuse.

Similar Topics

Hello, all! This is a PLC indirect question. I have trailers with conveyors inside which connect to dock conveyors when parked. The conveyors...
Replies
Views
HI I am new and looking for a sensor to level a trailer? do I use a attitude or gyro sensor for an input or is there a degree sensor that I could...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have an application and I am looking for some useful advice. I need to sense a metal scrap trailer so that when it gets pulled...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about fuses and how to calculate their required size. I understand that determining the appropriate fuse size isn't...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, What's the difference between nominal sensing distance and maximum sensing distance in a diffuse photoelectric sensor ? in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom