slc 5/04 comms failure

tobias

i played around with channnel settings for slc5/04 plc. Now i can not communicate with it. At first i could communicate with it, now it seems i have locked my self out. I am using a serial link between my computer and plc. This happened when i tried to configure my plc for panel-view communications

Two questions:

1. Have you tried the autoconfiguration option in RSlynx?
2. Can you connect using DH+ instead of serial?

If not you can always wipe out the existing setup by removing the battery and shorting out the capacitor. The CPU should then have the factory default settings.

Ken

Similar Topics

I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
Been years since i have went online with a slc, but I am using a usb to serial convertor and tried the df1 driver and the other drivers and none...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m just after a couple of pointers on testing comms between SLC PLCs in a test environment (i.e. not on a live plant). For a typical...
Replies
Views
I've made a successful connection to this machine before, only a few weeks ago. Now, RSLinx refuses to find it. I've tried two different 1746-UIC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a problem and certainly just one of many to come as I become more involved with PLCs We've got a panelview 1000 connected to a SLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom