Extra protection "door" on HMI

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I've searched the internet for an hour now and I can't find what I'm looking for.

I want to protect my HMI from weather and wind and the sun.

What I am looking for is a frame with a transparent door atached, so I can mount the frame around the HMI and have a door that is opened upways and stays in position and then when I don't use the HMI the door will be put down and seal to the frame.

I have seen it on a cabinet in England but I can't find it. Maybe it is because I'm swedish and don't know the right word for it. Anyone have a product?
.....|.....................................|
.....|.....________________.......|Frame
.....|.....|........................|.....|
.....|.....|..........HMI.........|.....|
.....|.....|_______________|.....|
.....|_______________________|

Drawing ;)

I've done it in two ways:
1. By using 45mmx45mm aluminium profiles (modular system).
2. By giving it to my local enclosure manufacturer and it costed me around 40Eur for 10" HMI.

Thanks for the input, but since there is products that fit my description I want to use a ready to use product. But ofcourse if it doesn't exist or comes expensive I will be looking on manufacture my own.

Thanks alot, however it seems to big, expensive and not so industry like. It is what I need though except that it is a full enclosure instead of a frame and a door.

Thanks for that link, it seems really good actually. There was a mounting set if you needed to place it on any enclosure.

We are getting closer, what I need now is that it isn't aluminium. We ship both painted and stainless enclosures and I don't think that aluminium will be accepted. Plastic is prefered.

It is a PanelView+6 700. 7inches I believe. Preferably I would have it darkened but clear is fine if no other option exists.

It isn't what I have seen but it is a nice one. A littlebit large for my display put it's really close to what I want actually. Thanks alot for the tip, I feel we are getting closer and closer :)

Here in America, we have our panel suppliers liek Hoffman Hammond that do windows frams products of many size, I know about Rittal also but it isn't cheap.
i 'm also using plastic ones from Vynkier http://www.clrwtr.com/PDF/Vynckier/Vynckier-DT-Series-Covers.pdf

If someone know about something cheaper, i would be glad to hear about it

each of them open on the side so it doesn't need stoppers but doesn't make a sun shade either when using hmi

Thanks for all the input guys, with the help of all your links and tips I have managed to find something I think I can order and try. It is from Fibox and from what I can understand I can use them on any surface. Only thing now is that the height of my PVP+6 700 display fit in the window, and I can't find the dimensions on the internet. Have to wait to tomorrow to meassure the HMI.
It also seems reasonable in price, haven't got exact price but well under 100$

http://www.fibox.com/catalogs/Searc...=1622&_UserReference=A005AA7C3331F0F053613747

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/256392.xml

Last edited:
Yep, you can use them on any door, depending on thickness, I usually pack the screw head with a couple of M3 washers because they are a bit long for a normal steel enclosure. Lots of little screws to mount it, I have to scrabble on the floor at least once each time I fit a window. Sorry, I didn't suggest one of these because you said you wanted a lift up type. Price in the UK is about £45.00 - £50.00, less any discount.

Printer protection.jpg Printer protection 2.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, you can use them on any door, depending on thickness, I usually pack the screw head with a couple of M3 washers because they are a bit long for a normal steel enclosure. Lots of little screws to mount it, I have to scrabble on the floor at least once each time I fit a window. Sorry, I didn't suggest one of these because you said you wanted a lift up type. Price in the UK is about £45.00 - £50.00, less any discount.

Yea a lift up is stil what I want. I thought these windows where to be mounted with the door lifting up? So these FIBOX doesn't stay in place when I lift them up? I have to talk to my customer if it's ok to have it sideways then.

Yea, I have looked at that one but it is a clear window, a smoked would be better. I assume the smoked will protect better from the sun? Do you have any experience with them as to if they lift up and stay in place?

Look at me all happy and now maybe I didn't find what I was looking for afterall :p