Open AB_5 PLC templates

NSong

Hi, does anyone know why the PLC 5 pro has a message: A project must exist for a partial library load. I downloaded the AB_5 PLC templates. Only 1 file 2-SMP was opened. the rest files all have that message. I uses PLC 5 pro 8.00.00, system is win7, pro, 32bit.
Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum !

When you refer to "PLC 5 Pro", do you mean RSLogix 5 Professional ?

Where did you download these "AB_5" templates ? What do you expect them to do ?

RSLogix 5 includes a feature where part of the program logic can be exported as a "library" file. These have the extension *.PC5.

In general those aren't full project files, but only contain information about the logic within, not the whole PLC-5 project.

So you can take a PLC-5 project file (*.RSP) and open it up in RSLogix 5, then import the Library file. But you can't open the Library file directly.

This is based on some rusty recollection; I haven't used a PLC-5 controller for probably five years and was never an enthusiastic user of the Library File function.

Ken is correct.

a library file contains part of the plc program.
you must have and a file opened in order to import the library file.

I use this all the time to import routines that I use on a regular basis. I will be using it next week to import approx. 60 rungs of code as we standardize our system processes.

regards,
james

Hi Ken,

I downloaded these "AB_5 PLC Templates" from above "downloads" link of the forum as I want to study the sample code of pump control.
Yes, I have RSlogix 5 Professional installed. All the PLC 5 files have the ladder symbol. But only file" 2-SMP" can open. The rest files all have that Error message. Not sure what's wrong.

Hi James,

It's my first time to use RSLogix 5 Pro. I don't know what I should do. I unzipped the "AB_5" folder. There're .PC5, .FIX, .SY5 and .SY6 files for each single program. All the .PC5 files have the ladder symbol. Is it the software setting problem?

You need to have a Project file open before you can import the *.PC5 Library file. The other file extensions are labels, descriptions, etc.

Create a new PLC-5 project, and Import the Library file into a ladder logic program file.