Newbie latching logic question

lewa2702

Hey guys. I am currently taking Intro to PLC class as one of the requirements for my certificate. Not really good at it and not planning to go any further for the reason stated above. I have an exercise that I can't figure out, it goes like this:
Light on- if pb1 or pb2 or pb3 is pressed and released.
off- pb3 is pressed only. We are supposed to use only internal bits. I know for many of you guys its kinder garden stuff but I really can't figure it out. I also have another project, LogixPro Dual Compressor Exercise #3, its been mentioned on this website several times but can't really find exact solution when at 50% flow, pumps take turn to get it up to 120 psi, and when flow is at 100% one pump starts pumping at 100psi its not sufficient, pressure keeps dropping and at 98psi second pump kicks in. I'm really lost on that one, don't even know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

welcome to the forum.

this is what i would suggest.

1. break up the project into several pieces and get tit working.
2. goto the next process and get it wirking.
3 tie them together in stages.

for your light,

what does it take to turn the light on?
conditions true - light on.
get that working.

then work on turning the light off, but i must admit the way you worded it was something i didn't expect.

you can use sealing contacts or latching contacts.

post your work and we will offer suggestions.

regards,
james

Also, Pseudocode and a sketch is often where I start.
Write down how you'd logically expect it to function(not assuming anything about PLCs, instructions, etc) and see it that helps...