Talking to a SLC-150 in Virtualbox

I have a Virtualbox set up with an installation of FreeDOS 1.1

I have a SLC-150 I'm trying to communicate with via the 1745-PCC. My host machine is a laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. The serial port is on a port replicator (it plugs directly into the dock port so it's not a USB adapter).

Here's my issue. I can connect to the SLC-150 sometimes and can upload/download. I can even monitor the program...for about 10 seconds. And then I lose comms and can't get it back. I don't know why. DOSBox won't work at all, and yes I set up the serial port. I did try it with a USB to Serial converter as well and I have the same issue. Any ideas?

Not sure of your cable and USB adapter but the one I sell (and manufacture USB or serial) works good, this is the procedure I have my customers use

http://www.plccable.com/communication-support/ (3rd down from the top)

Send me an email and I can send you the links to download everything needed (other then the cables) [email protected]

Then by trying my setup with your cables you will be able to see if its the cables or your setup.... I have never used FreeDos, I use DosBox (also free) also the version of PCIS that I use also works good

Hope that helps
Mark