Allen Bradley Analog Scaling

Jothiswarup

Hello everyone

PLC -1769-L33ERM
Analog Card - 1769-IF4
Input Range - 0V to 5V
Data Format - Engineering units
Scaling required - 0 to 1000

So can I just divide [Analog input value/5] ? or am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you.

I don't know what you're doing. Have you configured the module? Does it return a number of 0 at OV and 1000 at 5V? If so, then you may do whatever you wish with the data. Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract... Whatever.

Yes I did configure the module to the above mentioned values. It has been running for a day and seems to be scaling correctly. I am just making sure. Thank you.

The 1769 series analog modules have a less complex configuration than the 1756 series analog modules.

You don't specify the Min/Max Engineering Units scaling values, and there are no Clamp values or Rate Alarms or LL/L/H/HH Alarms.

Instead, when you select "Engineering Units", and 0- 5V range, you get values between 0 and 5000.

The full range of the module is -0.5 V to 5.25 V, so you could actually see values between -500 and + 5250.

This is in Table 3-7 in the Compact I/O Analog Modules User Manual, publication 1769-UM002.