Finding Motor Driver in Printing

consair90

Hi everyone!
I am searching for the following product, it is used in Printing. Who have seen this product yet? May I have Terminal Connection Diagram or User's Manual?
I am from Vietnam, so My English is not good. I hope everyone will understand it.
Thanks & Best Regards.
The picture of the product is attached below:

db7ce6ebfafe29f47c1c24b4d33ceb1b.jpg

613f57a973e18ff1ed66f1420a8d6959.jpg

51e24db425b18afc04413f2f43854e30.jpg

61322275f3864226384225360c69521b.jpg

That's a `1990's version of a digital DC drive made by Reliance Electric. They are now part of ABB/Baldor.

Due to the age, the cheapest way to proceed would be to replace it with a new DC drive. The motor nameplate gives you the sizing information and the application defines what kind of control sophistication will be needed.

Good luck! (And your English is actually pretty good, too)

Thanks for your advice. My system has 10 DC drives of Reliance Electric. I try to use these drives so that my factory saves money.
By the way, I have the PLC that use in this system. Could you tell me what software does use for it? May I have User's Manual? (I attach its picture below)
Thanks and best regards.
952f8968ae4866a8ec57da46aa2a09a6.jpg

You will find that the DC drives are essentially systems drives. All software is customized to the original equipment and dealing with the programming is impossible unless you are certified and registered as a technician with the original designer's company. That would be the printing press manufacturer in your case.

You have very little other choice but to work thru the manufacturer or their agent with both the Automax PLC and the DC Drives. They are an integrated proprietary system.

That whole panel gives me flashbacks and they aren't good ones. Both the Max Pak drives and the Automax controller were both top of the line products in their day but that day was 20+ years ago. I replaced my last Max Pak about 4 years ago.

I have a plant locally that is still running the AutoMax and about 8 drives. Scary terrible flashbacks

That whole panel gives me flashbacks and they aren't good ones. Both the Max Pak drives and the Automax controller were both top of the line products in their day but that day was 20+ years ago. I replaced my last Max Pak about 4 years ago.

Totally true. Awesome stuff. tis a shame AB-R killed it