Does a 1769-AENTR increase nodeS?

The 1769-AENTR is an adapter that allows you to connect to 1769-series I/O modules that are mounted remotely from the CompactLogix controller.

It acts as one adapter, so it takes up one of the "supported nodes" of the CompactLogix network connection capacity.

So the direct answer is "no, it does not increase the supported number of network nodes of a CompactLogix controller".

The 1769-AENTR is an adapter that allows you to connect to 1769-series I/O modules that are mounted remotely from the CompactLogix controller.

It acts as one adapter, so it takes up one of the "supported nodes" of the CompactLogix network connection capacity.

So the direct answer is "no, it does not increase the supported number of network nodes of a CompactLogix controller".

It may actually take up more than one node. I know with the 1747-AENTR every module in the rack was counted as a node.

The 1747-AENTR is still a single EtherNet/IP "Node", but it supports up to 32 (v1 firmware) or 96 (v2 firmware) CIP Connections. Each I/O module in a slot is a separate CIP Connection.

The 5370-family CompactLogix controllers, including the 1769-L24ER that the OP described, support enough CIP Connections that you are only limited by the number of EtherNet/IP Nodes.

A 1769-AENTR or 1747-AENTR would be only one EtherNet/IP Node, no matter how many I/O modules were connected to it.

I think the OP might be confused about how the 1769-AENTR works in the first place; maybe he or she thinks it's mounted to the CompactLogix backplane like a scanner.