Citect Cicode not updating after compile V7.1

Hi there,

I have a project I am making a few mods in cicode in Citect 7.1 +SP2. The problem is even if I remove all the calls to the functions or remove the events that call the functions the code keeps executing!

I have compiled the project, and restarted. Nothing changes. Of course I am making changes to the correct project.

Any ideas?

Yes all the cicode files are compiled, even if the function is not used
Easiest solution is to comment out the particular function - highlight all the function and then click the comment button (on the menu bar

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for coming back to me. Thats the funny thing. Even with all the code Rem'ed out it still gets processed and my tags are updating. I have cross referenced and they are not written to elsewhere.

Its as if whatever I do it wont make a difference.

I have now disabled every function and every event in the citect application now and it is still processing the cocode scripts.

What the hell????

But I need it. It contains my functions. The functions work if I call them from a button. It just when I trigger then from an event they behave as did did previously before I changed the code.

You can try one thing...copy the entire code from the Cicode file and keep a backup of it in a TEXT document.
Then delete the Cicode file.
Compile->Run the project-->check for the data-->stop the Runtime
Then again paste the code in a new Cicode file with the same function.
Run the project and then check

You think that could solve it? Is Citect a little buggy?

The bizzarre thing is if I call the functions from buttons on display the behave correct so there is no issue with the code. If I call the functions via an event trigger they behave as they did previous to modifications.

Even if I rem out the calls to the functions in the ci file they still execute.

Citect has really got number of Bugs..
i faced lot of stupid problem using Citect 7.2...
for example
I had a licence of 1500 tag...and I created only 1200 Physical tag..even then it showed me licence Error.
I deleted few tags from the Tag Database, however it still showed me those tags when i use to compile with an error "Tag Not defined".
Sometimes Citect Explorer never use to Open and many more...
Some problems solve automatically after a Citect Restart !!

Yes a lot of people have told me its a terrible package. It certainly feels that way but I must admit I never used it before.

I'll try that in the morning and see how it goes.