Eberle pls 514 plc

They are dead and no longer available or supported. I would be looking at replacing it in a hurry.

They were bought 18 years ago by GE. They do not exist for years, and there is no support for their products. When I needed to change CPU of one PLC, few years ago, at the end it was far more cheaper for me to by new Mitsubishi iQ PAC, and do the application from beginning than to buy CPU only.

eberle pls 514

Thanks everyone.
But due to the pls 514 scan rate (32k instructions requires only 6.4ms) What plc to replace it with?

Thanks everyone.
But due to the pls 514 scan rate (32k instructions requires only 6.4ms) What plc to replace it with?

I found Eberle PLC in applications where was also servo control and vision systems. Like I already wrote, I've changed it with Mitsubishi iQ CPU, but it was multiprocessor one, and I have changed with Q010 and motion controller on same backplane, and it went excellent. Machine was IBS bacon slicer.

Thanks goghie for your input.
This plc is also installed in a bacon slicer an IBS 2000 PREDICTIVE made by Thurne engineering.
We have 6 of these and are going to upgrade the plc.
You have done this,would you help us converting the codes from the old eberle to the mitsubishi?

Thanks goghie for your input.
This plc is also installed in a bacon slicer an IBS 2000 PREDICTIVE made by Thurne engineering.
We have 6 of these and are going to upgrade the plc.
You have done this,would you help us converting the codes from the old eberle to the mitsubishi?

Yes, I will help you. But I need to say to I don't have original Eberle source code, as machine came without CPU, so I needed to make it from beginning. Machine had also Control Techniques servo drives, which were without controler so we have changed them also... somebody had took all important parts... anyway I will help you.

Hi goghie and thank you.
The program in the eberle pls 514 is stored in the S41 module, with the edops 2 software we can give the program on disc. Can you re write this to the mitsubishi ?
If this is not possible could you write us a complete slicing program?
Regards

I can write and rewrite you complete slicing program... I have sent you message on private.

Last edited: