Citect multiple runtime windows

Musti

Hi,

Let me start in saying I'm relatively new to CitectScada and looking for any assistance with my problem. I have installed Citect Scada 7.1 SP4 on a laptop and also on a desktop machine for test purposes.

My symptom is, when I run the project I get two runtime windows opening up, both displaying the active window, one slightly overlappping the other. I have not seen this anywhere else.

1. I created a project backup from a running system where the project always starts up as a single runtime window. This is also the case with a dozen other systems that has been successfully deployed.

2. This project backup, (refered to in 1.) is the same project that I have restored to both the notebook as well as the desktop, including the accompanying citect.ini file from the running system.

3. Both the laptop and the Desktop dipslay two runtime windows, displaying exactly the same page.

4. When I run the Example project on either the Desktop or the Notebook, It displays as a single runtime window.

I searched through the help section and on the internet, and have not found any reference to this sort of symptom.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.
regards,

Hi Musti

Run time windows always appears as a single Window.
You try this:
1.Restore the Backup of your project into Citect Explorer but with a different name.
i.e while restoring,it will ask you Project Name.This project name should be different from the one you have a backup of.

Hi Maghnesh,

Thank you for posting a reply.

I would not like to change the project name because it is a multiple unit project, i.e. the backup consists of a few projects, and some units are dependent on other project units in the same backup. Then there is also cicode dependencies that would not work once changing the naming etc.

What would be your reasoning to change the project name?

I can tell you that just yesterday, I restored the exact same project backup on an Siemens HMI panel, and the project runs fine, and as you correctly stated, on a single runtime window.

I keep thinking that it might have something to do with the hardware, extended displays or additional display output capabilities. The display output on a Notebook would have the capability of dual monitors or extended displays. The desktop PC I used also has a dual output video card. Possibly it may have something to with the actual video card output capability. But then, I also cannot explain why the citect example project only displays in a single runtime window.

I will investigate further. Your comments/ suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi.

Video Card Drivers have nothing to do with Citect.
Also there is no such issue in Citect i can see. The problem is somewhere lying in the project.

I asked you to rename the project when you restore because while restoring if you rename the project, its create a Fresh New Directory of the project with new files.
This has solved my problems many times as few files in the C:\directory get corrupted sometimes.

Hello,

It would be quite simple to rename the project if it were a single project. Time after time it is restored, it behaves in exactly the same way.

I do agree with you that it is something in the project that is causing this. I however don't understand yet, why this project, on some PCs it displays a single runtime window and on others two runtime windows.

What citect process initiates the runtime windows, and what controls which windows are launched first, etc. Is there a cicode file, or ini file or something?

Thanks,o_O