How to Read Redlion HMI internal String Tags over ModbusTCP/IP

amit22

Hello There,

is there any possibilities to read Redlion Kadet Series HMI internal string tags over Modbus TCP/IP. we read other tags using holding registers address starting fro 40000 but for the string tags its nit working.

can anybody help with sample program?

Hello rguimond.

I am not getting you. what do you mean by extract program? will give Modbus address for the internal string tags of the HMI?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I think you want to read from the HMI, just as you would read from a native modbus device. In this caase, you cant't. However, you can probably write the values to the device you want to read them from. You have to set up a communication block for this. <

You can raed from a redlion over modbustcp. you need to install the modbustcp slave driver, then you can read from the unit

Hello rguimond,

thanks for the response here. can I have small example for this? as we never work with communication block.

thanks in advance

hello Geoff c,

thanks for the details. can you send me configuration screen shot or example if possible.

Regards
and Thanks in Advance.