Allen Bradley SLC 5/03 Comms

macaber

Good day folks, having some trouble with a PLC here at work. I have an Allen Bradley SLC 5/03 controlling a palletizer and I need to make some program changes. I have RSLogix 500 and RSLinx software to communicate with the PLC but I am not able to get online right now. I am also using a 1747-PIC adapter. The driver is set at AB_PIC-1 and indicates that it is running but the DH485 LED on the PLC flashes instead of being on steady. The message that pops up after trying to go online is... DiagnosticStatus failed: 0xFFFFFFFE. Any help with this would be great, thanks.

You can only use that driver with a real serial port on your PC. Do you?

What operating system do you have on your PC? WinXP (SP2 or SP3)?, Win 7?

Have you tried the serial port on the SLC5/03 using the RS232 DF1 driver in RSLinx?
You will need a null-modem cable also.

Last edited:
You can only use that driver with a real serial port on your PC. Do you?

What operating system do you have on your PC? WinXP (SP2 or SP3)?, Win 7?

Have you tried the serial port on the SLC5/03 using the RS232 DF1 driver in RSLinx?
You will need a null-modem cable also.

I believe so, it was hooked up to a 9 pin serial port on the laptop. It is Windows XP that I am using. I have not attempted the RS232 as I do not have a null modem cable, does this help at all?