pico controller traffic signal

bhindia35

hey i have been working on this project to control red and green traffic light but i am struk
say G1 and R1 e/w and G2 and R2 n/s
steps:
1. g1 and r2 on for 20 sec
2. r1 and r2 on for 4 sec
3. g2 and r1 on for 20sec and so on
can any one please help me with the program in picosoft

Can any one please help me with the program in picosoft
Yes, I can. I have the Allen Bradley PicoSoft version 6.11.
Which 1760 Device did you select. Which "Q" outputs did you use for your 4 lights?

If you would ZIP and post your program here, I will test it with the Simulator and make some suggestions on how to fix it.

Sending image of program in rs logix

i have 1760 l18awa-ex and i am using
1. q1 as r1
2. q2 as g1
3. q3 as r2
4. q4 as g2
i have done a simulation in logix pro but not able to do the same thing in picosoft iam attaching the image of logix pro simulation please help me out in picosoft as i am new to this software

LadderRungs.jpg

Very good, you have a working program, just not in the PicoSoft software. Here is how to convert it.

1. First, replace the two TT timer bits (which are not available in PicoSoft) with a Timer DN bit AND 1 other. That other bit is the trigger bit to the left of the timer whose TT bit you are replacing!

2. Because PicoSoft starts with Timer 1 instead of Timer 0, go ahead and replace Timer 3 with Timer 4, Timer 2 with Timer 3, and so on for all 4, so that you can easily convert to PicoSoft.

3. Also, I renamed your Green Delay timers to RED OVERLAP timers, which seems to be more logical (because these create the overlap between the two red lights). Also I changed the timers to be 20 seconds and 4 seconds as you first requested. The attached picture is how your LogixPro program would look after replacing the Timers and TT bits.

Once you have this LogixPro version, all you have to do is replace each instruction 1-for-1 in PicoSoft, but with the different but equivalent PicoSoft addresses. Work on that awhile and see what you get.

Traffic Light- Bhindia35.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the PicoSoft version, which I tested using the PicoSoft Simulation mode. It works the same as the LogixPro version. Make sure that you set the time for each of the timers, and do not edit the timer after setting the time, or it may default to 0 time.