Copying multiple LD function blocks of PME and create their text files

smartatuls

How to Copy multiple LD function blocks of Proficy Machine Edition PLC project and create their text files. I need to do this because I want compare logic of these LD blocks with other project's LD blocks logic. In PME we can not open two projects simultaneously. Can we do this mass copy using MS-Excel VBA?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hi.

What do you mean by text files ? Please provide more information.
Are you trying to compare the logic of 2 different project in an online state ?

If at all you want to compare the logic, print both the Logic's in XPS from Tools tab and compare them.
This is the only way to compare logic of different projects.

Hi Meghnesh,

I am comparing OFFLINE. I have hundreds of Function blocks to be compared. I am opening individual FB and copying ladder logic pasting to note pad(text) file one by one from one project. Then I am doing similar copying and pasting for other project.

Now I have two files for a FB from two projects I am comparing them in "Beyond compare" software which shows difference between two files in RED color.

My question is can I simulataneouly copy/convert all FBs which are in .xml format to .txt(notepad) format? so that I dont have to copy & paste one by one. It is very time consuming.

Thanks

FYI. PME 8.00 allows you to open more than one instance. This could be used to compare projects.

If you are not using version 8.00, I suggest you upgrade. The latest version is now 8.50.

If you update to PME 8.00 or better, the latest version (currently 8.50) you can have two instances of PME running at the same time, provided you have adequate computer power.

To use text I suggest Notepad or Notepad++ to paste the logic from each Block into. Here are the steps:
~ Open the Block
~ Move the cursor into the Block
~ Press Ctrl-A
~ Press Ctrl-C
~ Move the cursor into Notepad++
~ Press Ctrl-V
An alternative, if your PME is of a later vintage would be to 'Export' each Block as an 'xml' file that you can use a Text type compare program on.

Unless there is very compelling reason to know the differences:
IMHO, it is more efficient to attache to the current processor and upload it on top of an older version.
Now you have what is running and can move on from there.

If you update to PME 8.00 or better, the latest version (currently 8.50) you can have two instances of PME running at the same time, provided you have adequate computer power.

To use text I suggest Notepad or Notepad++ to paste the logic from each Block into. Here are the steps:
~ Open the Block
~ Move the cursor into the Block
~ Press Ctrl-A
~ Press Ctrl-C
~ Move the cursor into Notepad++
~ Press Ctrl-V
An alternative, if your PME is of a later vintage would be to 'Export' each Block as an 'xml' file that you can use a Text type compare program on.

Unless there is very compelling reason to know the differences:
IMHO, it is more efficient to attache to the current processor and upload it on top of an older version.
Now you have what is running and can move on from there.

FYI. PME 8.00 allows you to open more than one instance. This could be used to compare projects.

If you are not using version 8.00, I suggest you upgrade. The latest version is now 8.50.

Thanks a lot RussB, dYoast.