rs logix 5 not saving

balji_penna

B
Hi,everyone

Iam facing problem with Rslogix 5 while saving the PLC program.When I click on 'save' button , I am getting the following message.

"Rstmp_$$.rsp
Unable to register document
The document may already be open"

Has anybody got the same problem? can anybody help me?

Need more info

Balji,
I saw you got no responses on the RSLogix forum. That kind-of sucks.
Anyway, what version of logix are you using? Do you have this problem with saving other ladder programs? Did you give the program a name in the "Save As" dialog box? Where does your default save point to? (Tools/Options/Preferences tab - Project Files Search Path: ?)

I found this on Rockwell Software Knowledgebase...

Error Message

E6955 - A sharing violation occurred while accessing an unnamed file

Last Modified: 05/24/1999
Previously Released as #E934

General Category: s PLC Programming Products
Product(s): RSLogix 5
Catalog #:
Series / Revision: 3.x
Symptoms (Keyphrases):
Problem: While trying to save a project to disk, RSLogix 5 produces the error message: A sharing violation occurred while accessing an unnamed file.
Cause: Your project is using the special temporary file name RSTMP_$$$.RSP, which causes problems when RSLogix 5 saves your project to disk.
Verify:
Cure:
Prevention:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem:
While trying to save a project to disk, RSLogix 5 produces the error message:

A sharing violation occurred while accessing an unnamed file.

Cause:
Your project is using the special temporary file name RSTMP_$$$.RSP, which causes problems when RSLogix 5 saves your project to disk.

Solution:
Save the project under a different file name using File > Save As.
Related Links:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER
This knowledge base web site is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this web site is not intended to constitute application, design, software or other professional engineering advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action, which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional advisor.

ROCKWELL DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR ACCURACY OF ANY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS "AS IS." IN NO EVENT SHALL ROCKWELL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF PROFIT OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF ROCKWELL HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

ROCKWELL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED IN RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not countenance the exclusion of implied warranties; thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.

Copyright © 2004 Rockwell Automation. All rights reserved.

Maybe this'll help.

ralogix 5 not saving--- more info.

Thank you mr. CROAKUS for the quick responce. sorry for the delay as i was out of station ,gone to remote area on company's work.
we are using Rslogix5 revision 3.22.00.00.I have this problem with saving other ladder programs.I have given the program a name(plc#1) in the "save as " dialog box.The default address for saving the programs is C:\program files\Rockwell software\Rslogix5 english\project.

rslogix5 not saving----more info

Thank you mr. CROAKUS for the quick responce. sorry for the delay as i was out of station ,gone to remote area on company's work.
we are using Rslogix5 revision 3.22.00.00.I have this problem with saving other ladder programs.I have given the program a name(plc#1) in the "save as " dialog box.The default address for saving the programs is C:\program files\Rockwell software\Rslogix5 english\project.