HMI Alarms - Message not showing properly

darkesha

Hi, I have FTV site edition (network) and the alarms and Events are setup to be picked up from PLC (checkmark on Enable alarm and event support when right clicked on RSLinx Enterprise/properties/alarms and events).

Problem I have is that message associated with alarms and shown on Alarm and Event Summary page can be:
1. Missing,
2. Wrong,
3. Correct

When cross referenced with (what I think is) source of these messages (under configuration_description tag in particular instruction I see these not matching.
So either source of these is something else, or HMI is not picking up description every time the alarm is tripped.

When I create new alarm, it is shown without description, so either I don't know where this description (message on alarm and event summary page) is coming from and therefore the source string is empty, or if it was supposed to come from add on instruction (the way I believe it is), something is broken in this configuration.

Anyone had this particular problem ?

Thanks

Found it.
Right click on the alarm_digital and then configure "particular_alarm" or Ctrl+I and there is another set of descriptions and parameters...so beside description in PLC program, the Cnfg_Desc field in the particular add on instruction there is another set of text strings being available....unbelievable.