PLC-5 to controllogix communication

I'm a bit confused by your question.

The example shows the MSG instruction residing in PLC5 and doing a READ FROM Contrologix to PLC5. On successfual completion of the instruction the data from the contrologix will be in N7:0... of the PLC5.

If, instead of doing a READ, you do a WRITE from PLC5. Then whatever data you have in N7:0 in PLC5 will show up in technote_data in contrologix.

to change from a READ to WRITE, change the Communication Command from PLC-5 Type Read to PLC-5 Type Write.

I followed the instruction @ this site:
http://plcview.blogspot.com/2012/02/...hernet-to.html

If I were to write to the "technote_data" array in the controllogix PLC, would that data show up in the PLC-5 or is the instruction only for data flowing from PLC-5 to the controllogix

If your ControlLogix program puts a value of "1234" in technote_array[0], that same value will appear in N7:0 on the PLC-5.

The MSG instruction in the example is for reading data from the ControlLogix to the PLC-5.

If I were to write to the "technote_data" array in the controllogix PLC, would that data show up in the PLC-5 or is the instruction only for data flowing from PLC-5 to the controllogix

If you were to write data from the PLC5 to the "technote_data" array in the controllogix PLC, then that data must exist in the PLC5.

Perhaps you could explain precisely what data you want messaging, from where, to where, then you will be guided how to do it.