Another PLC Programme Question.

tbones

Hi,

Can anyone hlep with this? thanks

I have 2 x motors, but only a single START button (normally closed) and a single STOP button (also, normally closed). Every time START button is pressed, an alternate motor must run. When STOP button is pressed, the running motor must stop.

let me guess you are a student, i think?

welcome to the site

Firstly - reconsider the Start button - this must not be a normally closed button - too dangerous

if you have a seperately powered control cct and switch off the circuit breaker
how do you stop the motor from starting accidentally.
(Network #1)
The logic in the first line is good but still not good practice.

I say again - Start buttons should always be Normally open

Hi,
I'm a novice learning PLC's just wondering why there is a reset (unlatch ) for the #StartOneshot when it is never set (latched )??

Cheers

The output is an OTE behind a oneshot.. normally the bit would stay live till the scan came back around to the rung with the OTE. For the purposes of the ladder, he wants to interrupt this prior...