Printer slotter shuts off

The printer slotter and stacker always run at the same time. The printer slotter is controlled by a PLC the stacker is not. The only connection between the two is the power in connection after the cutoff switch. Now when the stacker is turned on the printer slotter shuts down. The printer slotter will not run with the stacker running. They ran together for years. Is the stacker motor or pushbutton controls somehow putting some kind of interference on the shared power input? If so what can be done?

Gosh, a lot more information is needed.
If you examine the schematics, you find NO inputs to the PLC from the stacker motor starter or anything else related to the stacker?
Air pressure switch indicates the input air supply is sufficient?
Do you have access to the PLC program?

Ptinter slotter shuts off

There are no inputs from the stacker to the PLC. There is no air pressure involved. The stacker has one 3 phase motor driving a hydraulic pump,which raises the stacker, and drives a hydraulic motor which powers the belts.

That seems odd. That means you can start the printer without the stacker running and run stock through it? If that's the case what prevents a blockage when it comes out of the printer. I've worked on Martins,Ward, and an old Koppers flexo and die cutter and when ever the stacker belts weren't running you couldn't feed any stock through it. Is there an encoder or photo eye or counter on the stacker? How does the stacker and printer interface when the stacker reaches the desired count and needs to take away the stacked product?

To run the printer the stacker is out of position and the printer is run at slow speed and stock is removed by hand from the delivery end of the printer. When the printer and stacker run together the operator manually controls the printer and stacker as needed stopping the printer feed when the stacker reaches max height. This is a very low tech operation.

I must apologize. I have made a big mistake. The printer is not controlled by a PLC ,it's controlled by a variable frequency drive. Obviously I am at the wrong site for this question. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am very sorry. Thanks for your help.

The only connection between the two is the power in connection after the cutoff switch.
Did someone switch the power supply connection of the two devices? It could be that they were interlocked internally for one to not run unless the other was running, thus switching the power would cause a problem.

I have made a big mistake. The printer is not controlled by a PLC ,it's controlled by a variable frequency drive.
Find out what has been changed recently on the VFD. Often there are interlocking controls between a VFD and other devices.

The machine is at the box company where I was laid off last November. The operator asked me if I knew off the top of my head what the problem might be. He said nothing has been done to it since I left. I believe the only connection between the stacker and the drive is the shared power connection.