PanelView c300 no web page

Patrick

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI all. Well i have a panelview c300 with the CCW program. I have not been able to connect the panelview to my desk top. i have been able to to update the frim ware to 1.08 and download programs on a usb stick. But i can not connect to the panelview to access to webpage. I ping 169.254.254.2 and the computer sees it. when i open internet explorer and type 169.254.254.2 in the browser, it says connecting then time out error. Any ideas? by the wat i'm using windows 7 64 bit.

Well, that 169.254.x.x IP address is reserved for Microsoft and looks to be the result of you not setting a static IP address on your PC, then trying to match it in the panelview.
If you have your PC set to acquire an IP address automatically from a DHCP server and it finds none, it will assign an automatic private IP address in the range 169.254.x.x.
Notes from Microsoft: The IP address range is 169.254.0.1 through 169.254.255.254, a range that has been reserved especially for Microsoft
Try using a more traditional address like 192.168.1.2 in the PV and 192.169.1.anything (like 100) for your PC. I usually use 192.168.1.1 for the PLC.

well, then this is from the user manual - you may need to install a driver:

USB Port​
The PanelView Component terminals have a USB device port to support
communication with the terminal using TCP/IP.
With the USB device port connected to a computer, use your computer’s browser
to connect to the terminal. The IP address of the USB port is always
169.254.254.2.​

IMPORTANT​
Before connecting your computer to the USB port of the PanelView
Component terminal, you must first install the Allen-Bradley
PanelView USB remote NDIS Network Device driver on your
computer.
Refer to Install the USB Driver on page 65.

IMPORTANT​
The USB device port is for maintenance or programming only, and

is not intended for normal run-time operation.

Sorry for the long delay. Sunday Mondays are my day off. Problem solved. Problem was security software on my desktop. I tried the cable on my laptop with the driver download and everything worked fine. Once again thank you.