AB PLC Scantime and RPI

Jothiswarup

Folks, I am using a 1769-L36ERM and have I/Os over Ethernet. I am having issues with signal lag. The PLC get's a sensor input over Ethernet, does few calculations (under a separate program task) and sends an output over Ethernet to a Robot.

RPI of the Ethernet input = 5ms
RPI of the Robot = 20ms
PLC sub-program scan time = <1ms
PLC main program scan time about 10ms

There are 48 ethernet devices (yes, node number supported is maxed). The PLC scan time cannot be reduced any further. Will reducing the RPI help any? Apparently the robot is getting the signal few ms late. Thanks

Similar Topics

Hello guys, Do you have any suggestions or considerations when programming multiple machines running all at the same time? I am using Allen...
Replies
Views
Hey guys. Fairly new here. Maintenance technician of 2 years. Associates degree in Mechatronics. So I went online to try and get some more very...
Replies
Views
Hi For a new machine I would like to use a Safety PLC. But the machine includes fast moving axis. So I would like to have a very short scantime...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
the conveyor can stop because of a safety sensor or safety switch. And also it can stop because of an object jam detector sensor. If the conveyor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom