HMi and Plc Communicaton

rj061991

Hi! i would like to ask about what is the means of communication in HMI(ktp 600 basic color dp) and PLC(S7 300 cpu is 312)..???..how to configure it??..im using usb mp/dp adapter...thanks for you advice

You should be able to communicate between the 2 using either an MPI connection or Profibus as long as there is a suitable cable between them. You need to set the screen to MPI/Profibus from the control panel of the HMI and make sure the baud rate is compatible with your network settings. Once that is done you should be able to download through WinCC Flex without any problems. The first download generally takes longer as more files are transferred but after that it takes seconds for any further updates you do.

On the first download you may also be asked to change the firmware revision of the screen if it doesn't match whatever version of WinCC Flex you have created your project in.

PlC and hmi cable

.. i now able to download projects in hmi. and download program in plc... but can i use the profibus cable to interface the plc and hmi???

profibus.jpg

Yes you can. If there is nothing else on your network you can use the cable you have shown as long as the terminating switch is turned on at both ends. It should work on either the Profibus port or the MPI.

Just a sidenote, the profibus cable should be with one angled connected with PG socket (like in the photo) in one end, and a straight connector in the other end.

Configuration

hello!! i have attach my panel... and i have problem in interfacing the plc and hmi.. and i had already set the configuration but still not communicating..

configuration.jpg

You have loaded the PLC program and the HMI program ?
And you did this with the PC Adapter USB connected to the PG Port on the 312 CPU ?
If that is the case, cable and connections should be OK.
Post a screenshot of the connection setup in WinCC Flexible.

download

yes, i am now able to download projects in wincc and program in plc using pc adapter mpi ive already configured the setting..but my question is that do i need to dowload also the wincc in the plc after the integration??

hmi.jpg plc.jpg intergrate.jpg

I cannot see any configuration error.
It should not be necessary to download anything to the S7 PLC to allow the connection.

What is the message on the KTP that says that there is no connection ? What number ?

issue

my issue is i dont know where to start in configuration and interfacing the hmi and plc...And my do the components are compatible to each other.. ^_^...Im a beginner in plc programming...