Logging to SQL Server

FSEIPEL

I'd like to log the RSVIEW32 datalogs to a SQL server, this is straightforward, but for the fact we have two PC's running same project. If I want to still copy the project between the two PC's, can I use some logic that examines application.computername and logs to a different SQL server database depending upon which computer is running RSVIEW32? What is the typical practice for this? Alternately, I suppose I can just turn the datalogs off on computer 2. Problem I had there was, I can run VBAEXEC to find computer name, but then how does one run an RSVIEW32 command macro from VBA (e.g. DATALOG ON or OFF)?

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I have a small project where I need to use plc to get sensor data and log them to an sql server locally or remote. I have found...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a machine with a Compact Logix and a Factory View HMI display and I've been asked to see if it's possible to create a log of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am logging data via ODBC to a 2008 RS SQL express database. In FTView File Management I have set it up to purge record after 6 months...
Replies
Views
I have not used this aspect of FTView SE, so I am looking for some direction. I'm looking to add some alarms into a SQL database. Nothing jumps...
Replies
Views
I am tasked with creating a plantwide datalog system. I am fairly experienced with PLCs in general but only have limited experience with logging...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom