rslinks won't open

josh3066

i recently purchased studio 5000, it opens fine but the rslinks that downloaded with it won't do anything when I click on the icon. I am running windows7 64bit. any ideas?

Go into C/program files and click on the RSlinx application file to confirm if the short cut is the issue. If that doesn't work l would re intall linx.

If RSLinx is set as a service, the GUI will not start. To bring up the GUI, goto All Program >> Rockwell Software >> RSLinx >> RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel.

Stop the service and then try to bring up the GUI.

Annoying, but supposedly its normal that the GUI doesn't comeup when running as a service as per Rockwell Support.

Did it open from the application in the program files? How are you trying to open Linx? Also as Raj was saying it might be set as a service. This you also open in the linx program file in C/program file/rockwell software/RSlinx/rslinxCP (control panel)

I already had checked to make sure it was running in application. after i downloaded the studio 5000 i open it and it was fine then i tried to open links and it would do anything. I am trying to open with the icon on my desktop