FactoryTalk ME Webbrowser activex and using activex objects in webpages. Win7Pro

cschlue

Right now I'm trying to add the ability to use some active x controls with a new revision of our HMI's. These Touchpanels are running fairly decent hardware and Windows 7 on them.

I've found that when using Active X objects with the WebBrowser plugin in FactoryTalk ME that the second time you attempt to open the display containing the active x object it will show a black frame and then cause factory talk to crash and not allow it to run again until a reboot has taken place.

One particular Active X object I'm trying to load is the Fanuc 4d options, this works just fine in Internet Explorer on the panel, but once inside the panel it runs in compatibility mode and causes issues.

I've over come this issue with activeX objects I can load in my own webpages by setting meta-tags that force the browser to not use compatibility mode, this has allowed me to use the VLC active x Object with out any issues and it works flawlessly for loading either training videos or for displaying images from IP Cameras.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has had any luck running the 4d options for Fanuc robots on a IPC touch panel using factory talk, either through the webbrowser activex plugin, the 4d plugin or some other web browser plugin.

Even better would be the ability to use a webbrowser plugin that supports modern web frameworks.