PanelView Plus mer Shortcut Address Change

danny.michael

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have to change IP addresses in a fairly large system which includes 12 PanelView Plus terminals. Since the PLC addresses are changing I must change the shortcut IP address in each terminal. Each terminal has only one shortcut programmed. The applications were programmed in FTV version 4.0.

The customer does not have the apa files for the applications. They have requested them from the equipment vendors, but it's unlikely they will be successful in getting all of them, if any.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a shortcut IP address in the mer file using UltraEdit or something similar?

These terminals have a lot of alarms and I'm not keen on recreating them if I have to create an application from the mer following the established procedure to do that. I know how to change the shortcut address from the terminal settings, but I need to leave them with mer files that could be downloaded into a new terminal should they have to replace one of them.