Upgraded to InTouch 2012 R2 SLOOOOOW

bosko1

I've recently upgraded 15 different applications to InTouch 2012 R2 and one of them is grinding so slow and at times freezes. I'm running on windows server 2008 R2. After a user logs on the application goes from working fine to taking 30 seconds-minutes to update values and to register clicks and bring up popups, etc. I have tried re-converting the application, deleting the .wvw files to force it to recompile the windows, and nothing is helping. When I run the application on server 2003 it seems to be better but I can't be sure. Any ideas?

Have you checked the logs in SMC? You might have some hints there.

If possible without risking your plant / process, turn off all scripts and see if you get any improvement.

How many tags in your application?

I would also check the Windows Event logs and make sure all anti virus exclusions are done. Also make sure DNS is working as it should.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”
Tony Abbott

thanks guys

Thanks for your suggestions, but I've done all of the suggested steps and all I can find that's strange is "SUSPENDED SUITELINK UPDATES" and "RESUMED SUITELINK UPDATES". Wonderware suggested that my CPU or memory is pegged, but that's not the case. My CPU is steady between 2-8% and memory is at 2.5gigs of 32. Still working on this, I will post when i find an answer. Also, this application runs fine on windows server 2003 but crawls under 2008R2. My local wonderware support took my app and are experiencing the same slow down on Server 2008R2.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I've done all of the suggested steps and all I can find that's strange is "SUSPENDED SUITELINK UPDATES" and "RESUMED SUITELINK UPDATES". Wonderware suggested that my CPU or memory is pegged, but that's not the case. My CPU is steady between 2-8% and memory is at 2.5gigs of 32. Still working on this, I will post when i find an answer. Also, this application runs fine on windows server 2003 but crawls under 2008R2. My local wonderware support took my app and are experiencing the same slow down on Server 2008R2.

Best of luck. Please report back what is discovered.

Same thing

Hi there, I have 2 different systems with Wonderware 2012 R2 - I have the same issues as Bosko.
After initial start one of the view.exe gets locked. It is not frozen but its Memory Usage constantly rises until certain level (~400-500mb) then drops 100-200mb and rises again, then drops again. Some locked instances use 100% of a core they are running on, some use 50%, some use 15% of a core (not whole processor).
Bosko, did you get any instructions how to debug this issue? I have a list of 8 items Wonderware wants me to check but at the moment I do not see any view.exe locked up.
Please provide an update if you get more information.
Thanks.
Update: OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.

Last edited: