Timer Preset Value Change

Have the HMI enter a value into an integer.
check if the integer is NEQ the timer preset (NEQ T4:2/PRE N7:12); if not equal than MOV the integer to the timer preset

Timer.jpg

Last edited:
Modify the panel view application to accept user inputs for the timer values in question, I would use an integer word in the processor to hold the timer value in seconds (if seconds is what you want), write to this word from your panelview application.

If necessary, use math instructions to convert the seconds stored in the NX:XX word to your timers base (.1 or .01), store that value in an integer.

use a MOV to move the NX:XX into T4:XX.PRE. Set up whatever limit tests you will need to limit the values that can be moved into the timers preset.

Forgive me if my addressing is a little off, I've had my head in ControlLogix for a while.

Last edited:
Modify the panel view application to accept user inputs for the timer values in question, I would use an integer word in the processor to hold the timer value in seconds (if seconds is what you want), write to this word from your panelview application.

If necessary, use math instructions to convert the seconds stored in the NX:XX word to your timers base (.1 or .01), store that value in an integer.

use a MOV to move the NX:XX into T4:XX.PRE. Set up whatever limit tests you will need to limit the values that can be moved into the timers preset.

Forgive me if my addressing is a little off, I've had my head in ControlLogix for a while.

Highlighted above - must include limit checking !! And definitely DON'T do a MOV of a negative value into a Timer Preset, or the PLC will Major Fault. We don't like red lights on our PLCs. (except the red light on the SLC power supply, which means good !!)