22-COMM-E Multiple can't see port 1

Handcraftedsince87

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
I have 3 drives setup in a daisy chain off of 1 22-comm-e card. The daisy chain has 120ohm terminating resistors at both ends. For some reason, I can't see port 1 anymore. port 0 and 2 come up fine, but when I try to match drives, or connect with the drive online, It can't see port 1. Yesterday when I was working on this problem, I had ended up being able to see all of them. I chalked this up to finally setting the correct baud rate on port 1. I came in this morning and its the same sad story. I can see port 0 and port 2 but not port 1. I don't know if its a software thing, but I know that at one point yesterday, I WAS able to see all the drives online. Any ideas of what to check next would be greatly appreciated. Near as I can tell, all parameters, addresses, and wiring is correct. There is an I/O fault when online of "(Code 16#0109) Connection request error: Invalid connection size. Tag: Name:I"

Thanks in advance!

help1.jpg

Okay, figured it out. Somewhere in the mix the baud rate kept getting changed back on drive 1. You have to set the baud rate, turn off the drive, turn it back on, create a database for the drives, and then you can download the new parameters to the drive and controller. I believe I was changing the baud rate, but not restarting the drive