Have anyone used the Barcode positioning system from TR Electronic

Onstege

I intend to use it for a friction drive and I'm just curious if it delivers. The upsides for my application is obvious since it is a clean environment, but there always seem to be a hidden downside with everything. Please send me a PM if you don't want to throw **** in public.

I intend to use it for a friction drive and I'm just curious if it delivers. The upsides for my application is obvious since it is a clean environment, but there always seem to be a hidden downside with everything. Please send me a PM if you don't want to throw **** in public.

Leuze also makes a similar unit. From what I've seen and in my experience with Leuze Bar code units in general, these units should be very reliable. A clean environment is the main factor in overall long term reliability.

http://leuze.com/en/usa/products_us/new_products_us/bps300i.php

Project worked out pretty well! Using the motor encoder to close the speed loop and the barcode gadget for positioning worked well for an application with fairly low dynamic requirements. The BPS 41 had a latency of ~50ms. Rumours say that a lot have happened since then with a latency in the single ms range.