Produced & consumed exchanges over contolnet

yusuf.mavin

Dear All,

I have two PLC systems, one L-63(say PLC-1) with four IO racks connected using a controlnet network and an other L-61(say PLC-2) system with one IO Rack. These two system exchange data over ENBT path. the Ethernet path that enables the tag exchange between the two PLC's was having frequent faliures. I added one CNBR in the PLC-2 rack-1 and connected it to the controlnet network of PLC-1 with its Main rack CNBR as the active keeper. Then i added another CNB in Main rack of PLC-2 & connected it to another new CNB in the main rack of PLC-1, scheduled the network with CNB in PLC-2 main rack as the active keeper. Now i was successfull in exchanging data between the two PLC's over controlnet. Now i am having some issues related to data transfer rates. the data over ethernet reaches some milliseconds earlier than the data over controlnet causing many process related issues. Can anyone please help me regarding how to synchronise both the data available and create a redundant system of data exchanges?

You cannot synchronize a non-scheduled network (EtherNet/IP) and a scheduled network (ControlNet).

Even if the packet intervals are set for the same amount of time, there is no way to co-ordinate the bootup and negotiation and runtime starts of the modules.

You could implement a method by which the controller timestamp is included in the data packet, or you could implement a method by which the control system switches between the data from each network.

Most systems choose one network and rely on it. If your Ethernet network is unreliable, you should not rely on it.