Beckhoff_twincat 2_new

HalimB

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member of PLCS and I'm a french trainee in a company located in France thus I apology if my english is not excellent..

This the first time I work with Twincat and I did some research in order to find some clues to help me to do a program that will enable the good working of my system.

Even if Twincat is basically like Codesys I never used this software so I'm trying to find some help wherever I find... o_O

My questions are :
-> I just figured out how PLC control is working and I think I know the basics.. Nevertheless I want to make a program that will enable a light flash (twinkle).
In fact, when the emergency cut-off system is activated, I have to disable some device and I have to flash a light. This light will flash until the emergency button and the gate are not activated.
How could I make this light flash during X time ?

-> I don't know how to integrate an integer in ladder program. Indeed, I have to command a supply. With the PLC and its AI/AO cards and LabVIEW, I have to give a setpoint voltage (0..10V) in labview that will be converted to the supply in a voltage (0..20000V)

I'm sorry if my questions are too easy for you but this is a new experience for me. Thank you for your attention ! :D

the hardest part is communication from labview to beckhoff plc.
integers are not standard ladder, however you can use function blocks and functions in ladder, the input is connected to a enable and the output can drive a coil.
the rest is done with variaqbles you have to declare them in the varlist on top.
if allowed to use FBD it is simpler.
as you are used to labview
a program can be written in CFC it is a lookalike to labview.

On the PLC side, Structured Text might be easier than Ladder Logic.

Even easier, go to Ackerman Automation's website. They make LabView drivers for EtherCAT. They started this for National Instruments' CompactRIO expansion chassis (uses EtherCAT), but works with Beckhoff terminals. You don't even need a PLC CPU for this, just the Beckhoff EK coupler and you can get those with built-in digital I/O.