Step 5 Serial Communication

userxyz

Does anyone knows where to find information about: how to connect a serial 9 pins port with a S5-95u PLC ?

I want to make the cable myself and I need to know what connections I need to make.

Thanks,

Combo

Combo,

the interface on the S5 PLC's is a 20mA current-loop, so you have to build a converter. you can find the info at the PLCMan website.

Kind regards,

Converter

Wij hebben hier in het bedrijf s5 kabels, die werken voor onze PG. 25 pins seriële poort op de PG.

Om een gewone PC te laten communiceren met zo een S5 PLC moet je een converter maken dan ? Een 9 pins poort wel te verstaan.

Een converter = RS232 -> RS485 of iets dergelijks ?

Heeft u daar een schema van ?

Groeten

Current

Owja,

Currentloop, TTY, ik begrijp het.

Ik heb het schema inmiddels gevonden, in die tekst staat wel niet ofdat het getest is op een S5-95u; zou het ZEKER mogelijk zijn om met deze passieve converter ook online te geraken op deze S5-95u CPU zoals bij al die andere ?

Heeft u dit reeds getest ?

Groeten,

Gerry

Gerry,

to ensure most people here can follow, I'll answer in English. It's a question of courtesy, you know.

First of all, in a PG the current converter is build-in and the connections are made on otherwise not used pins of the DB25 serial connector. And yes, this converter works with S5-95U too. I've tested a similar home-build converter some years ago. It was published in the Dutch electronics magazine Elektuur somewhere in the 90's. I can look up the exact issue and pagenumber tuesday when I'm back in the office.

Kind regards,

There are 5 different 95u's. One with no extra port. One has SERIAL, one with L1, one is a Profibus master and one has a Profibus slave. All have a L1 AS511, current loop port. Which one do you have? 6es5-8ma, 8mb, 8mc, 8md or 8me.