Panelview Plus 1000 connection

princedx

Hi all
pls explant or me can we connect 2 compactlogix controlers to 1 panelview plus 1000 ?
i want to display something of 2 compactlogix controler via Ethernet connection ( use Stratix 8000 switch)
and show me how can we do it ? cause 2 compactlogix have same logic and tag address, so i wonder how panelview 1000 distinguish which tag of first compact logic or second compactlogix
thanks you.

Yes it can be done.
You'll configure the path to each PLC in the RSLinx Enterprise Communication setup.
In your tags the first part of the address (the part in brackets) refers to the device shortcut that you defined in the communication setup.

If you want to get fancy you can hardcode the PLC tag references in your screen object connections (instead of using the tag database). Then use parameter files to change which PLC you're connecting to when you open a screen. This will allow you to use the same screen for both PLC's if you have common data you want to display.