Compact L24 Max Nodes reached

controlseng82

Good morning, I have a machine we designed and built that allows us to change a top fixture plate to run different parts. I have installed Numatics G3 valve banks, with Ethernet IP on each fixture. For a changeover I have an air line, and 3 cords to disconnect. Each fixture has its own IP address. I am using GSV to determine the status of the ethernet connections. The status tells the program what Fixture program to run. This all works. Today I am programming two additional fixtures. I am now at 9 nodes. The problem comes from one fixture requiring 5 cameras. I have programmed the machine to inhibit the cameras connection when that fixture isnt installed hoping to get around the issue. I cannot download the program with 9 nodes installed.

The most nodes i have at one time is 6. and as few as 1.

I can only think of a couple options at this time.

1. Get rid of the automatic program selection. and have separate download files.
2. Get rid of the auto program selection. Add a program select on the touch screen. Use one network node for all numatics modules, and map outputs accordingly. the modules have different configurations, which makes that tougher.
3. upgrade to a L27 motion processor that will allow 16 nodes. same form factor.
4. upgrade to a L30 processor that will allow 16 nodes. -would be a larger change.
5. Someone has a work around that will allow me to download with 9 nodes, but only a few are active.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Kenneth