PLC Trigger FactoryTalk ME v6.1 User Logout

Peters64

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to PLCs and have been trying for over a day now to figure out if there is a way to trigger a logout of the current FactoryTalk user from a bit in the PLC. I have only been able to find any literature on performing actions upon login/logout i.e. macros, not actually triggering the logout. I am aware of things like the Active X Idle Detect for SE, however I have not been able to figure out anything that works for ME v6.1. If there is a simple thing I'm missing here help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

There is An Auto Logout that can be Enabled and assigned an inactivity period. (Set in Minutes) You'll find it the Explorer Window under the System Folder >> Project Setttings >> Runtime tab. Not Sure about PLC trigger. I never needed that option.

Last edited: