Ripping videos from studio 5000

Skiroy

Im currently taking a Rockwell training course that uses Studio 5000 v21,which we dont have at the plant where I work. Studio has a bunch of great tutorial videos embedded in the start page which from the best I can tell are Flash videos. I would love to have these but they are not in any folder on the drive. I have till Friday to figure out how to rip them from the software. I tried using Real Player with no luck.

Does anyone know how to get these videos off Studio5000 for later viewing. For how much this course cost I believe it should come with these videos.

Thankx

the same videos are on RSLogix5000 versions 16 to 20, do you have one of those at the plant ?

i'm pretty sure that "ripping them from the software" would be an infringemkent of the licensing agreement and/or copyright

Last edited:
Im currently taking a Rockwell training course that uses Studio 5000 v21,which we dont have at the plant where I work. Studio has a bunch of great tutorial videos embedded in the start page which from the best I can tell are Flash videos. I would love to have these but they are not in any folder on the drive. I have till Friday to figure out how to rip them from the software. I tried using Real Player with no luck.

Does anyone know how to get these videos off Studio5000 for later viewing. For how much this course cost I believe it should come with these videos.

Thankx

Not legal but Orbit will do it.

Many of those video are also freely available on Rockwell's web site. No need to "steal" anything or "rip" anything.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/r...rated-architecture/tools/overview.page?#/tab4

As mentioned previously, RSLogix / Studio 5000 have included these since version 16.

The files themselves are rather cryptically named, so it may be more hassle than it is worth.

But.....if you ask your instructor, I'm sure he/she would be happy to help you get the files. No need to be sneaky about it. But it is likely completely unnecessary.

OG

Many of those video are also freely available on Rockwell's web site. No need to "steal" anything or "rip" anything.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/r...rated-architecture/tools/overview.page?#/tab4

As mentioned previously, RSLogix / Studio 5000 have included these since version 16.

The files themselves are rather cryptically named, so it may be more hassle than it is worth.

But.....if you ask your instructor, I'm sure he/she would be happy to help you get the files. No need to be sneaky about it. But it is likely completely unnecessary.

OG

I had to go look, and yes that voice haunts me, lol. I demo one or two of those videos in every class i take....