watch dog timer

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I recently put in a machine that had been rewired with automation direct 06 PLC. We experienced a total shut down a couple of time a week that cycling power would cure. I purchased soft ware and found it was a watch dog time out on one of the PLC's (5 talking with Ethernet) that would kick it out of run.
I look at the scan cycle time and it shows an average of 7ms and a 6ms-9ms
range. I set the watch dog timer to 10ms but still had shut downs. I changed it to 14ms and it held for a week and now is doing it again. Could the PLC be slowing down or going bad. Has anyone experienced this. What are the disadvantages if I raise it up more.
Thanks

Similar Topics

hello all in my SCADA i wanted to provide PLC healthy/Fail signal. but im unable to get the address of this signal. can any body help me do i need...
Replies
Views
I keep hearing about watch dog timers or clock in some of the softwares, but because I am a newbe, I'm not understanding what it is or does! Just...
Replies
Views
In case packer they used festo axis controller to drive the cylinder. This axis controller contains some data. While running condition once a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have two Allen-Bradley systems here 1) 1769-L30ERMS 2)1768-L43S These both are safety plcs and its working at the moment. There are...
Replies
Views
Software: RSLogix 5000 PLC:compact logix Protocol: Modbus Hi Could you please tell me if there is a standard way of setting a watchdog between...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom