Rslogix 5000 analog inputs!

suhel

Hello, I'm new to RSLogix 5000, used to RSLogix 500.

Is there a command similar to SCP in RSLogix5000?, or what should I do?

I'm currently using a CompactLogix 1769 L32E

All of my Analog inputs are 4-20ma, I would want them between 0-9000

To expand on Dravik's comment.....

RSLogix /Studio 5000 allow you to create your own instructions. These are called Add-On Instructions or AOI. You can create these yourself or you can download AOIs which others have created and give away freely at Rockwell's site. They can then be added to a specific application.

http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/

Just type "AOI" in the search field and then you can browse through all of the freely available AOIs. The SCP is about the seventh one down in the list. Type AOI SCP and you'll narrow that list even further.

The 5000 system is based on the older PLC-5 system where the SCP instruction did not exist. The SLC 500 is also based on the PLC-5 but has different instructions from the PLC-5 and the Logix 5000. The more you use all three platforms the more you realize the SLC 500 software must have been developed by a completely separate team.

OG

You can also scale them in the analogue modules themselves. Just use the properties/configuration tab on the card in the program.

The OP is using CompactLogix, not ControlLogix. That on-board scaling is unique to the ControlLogix. Not available in the CompactLogix.

OG

You could always do it the old fashioned way, with standard math functions.

That's what we did back in the day, when I had to walk to the job-site barefoot! ;)