LogixPro

I used Logixpro to learn programming, (not exclusively of course), and I still have a copy here for training with the maintenance staff. I think it is the best simulator out there. There are lessons you can follow along with and if you have issues, there are not only many people here with experience with Logixpro, but a quick search will return oodles of info on each of the simulations.

Well worth the 40 bucks in my opinion.

Dave

Hi Murhy, LP is a great learning tool and if you do a search on this forum you will see lots of example programs, as well as a lot of exam/questions relating to code writing. Lance is the legend in helping questions with LP and bends over backwards to assist (good on you Lance). The only slight draw back of LP is it is based on AB, SLC/RSLogix 500 PLC's which uses direct addressing for internals compared to Tag based addressing used now by most PLC's including later model AB(still a large amount of SLC's out there, if not more than any other makes maybe?) But in saying that, if you learn on LP it is only a relatively small step to adjust to Tag based addressing. Go for it.

I am using Logix 500 & 5000 but I've easily adapted to them through past experiences with other brands such as Keyence and Omron. Buying a training S/W (simulator) is somewhat a waste in my opinion. I advise you to just search and download from the Internet. Keyence's KVBuilder or Omron's CX-Programmer are good to start with since both are packed with built in SIMULATORS.

For a bonus, if you manage to get an Omron CX-One package, you can simulate your PLC S/W with an HMI S/W which makes learning PLC more interesting.

Good luck!

hey,

any of you guys used logix pro to learn the basics of programming?
im new to the game and can troubleshoot a program but what to get into programming, is this worth purchasing or would i be wasting my money?
this is the link to what im asking about: http://www.thelearningpit.com/lp/logixpro.html

Cheers Murphy

want to get into programming, is this worth purchasing or would I be wasting my money?
Logixpro is well worth the current $46 price for the CD version. Try it out with the free 15-day trial version first to make sure it is what you want. The real value is in the many student PLC progrmming problems that come with the program. Each problem has a complete animated graphic simulation of the problem, with input and output devices shown on your screen, along side your PLC program to solve the problem. These graphic simulations are similar to what you would use in a graphic operator program for a typical plant control room.

There is also a built-in I/O Simulator that is included and can be used to solve other PLC problems. This I/O Simulator is similar to what you get with other PLC programs, no graphics except for the Input and Output switches. Still it is amazing at the number of other problems that you can run on the LogixPro I/O Simulator.

PS: If you are a student in a PLC class, talk to your instructor about ordering LogixPro for your class use. Instructors get a nice discounted price for 5 or more copies.

Last edited: