Panelview Plus Animations

JasonWade

I would like to graphically represent and edit the position of a number of objects (up to 64 rectangular or circular) on a panelview plus 6. I can imagine 3 possible ways to do this;

1. Animate the position and the size of some pushbuttons on a Panelview Plus 6

2. Set/Reset bits on the pressed/released events of some graphic shapes (which I think can have dynamic size/position?)

3. Dynamically position the shapes and let the PLC know the x,y coordinates of any 'touch' of the screen, then the PLC can decide which shape was pressed.

Can anyone tell me if any of the above are possible, and give me a pointer to how it's achieved?

Thanks

Hi Fitz, thanks for the reply. But when I do that the only animation available for a pushbutton is 'visibility', all the others are greyed out.

I am using FactoryTalk View Studio - Machine Edition 5.00.00 CPR9 Build 55. I my software too old?

No problem, Jason. I found this text in the FT View ME help. If your pushbutton is an image, this is why you only have the choice of visibility.

"You can attach these types of animation to drawing objects: color, fill, height, horizontal position, horizontal slider, rotation, vertical position, vertical slider, visibility, and width. The exceptions are the image and panel objects, which only support visibility animation.

For the other objects and ActiveX controls, you can attach visibility animation only."

You could draw your own pushbutton to allow other types of animation. Another method would be to have multiple buttons in the different positions, and use visibility to display them as you wish.

Also, I noticed that when I pulled in a pushbutton from the Symbol Factory in FT View ME, it allowed me all the animation choices.

Hi Fitz

If your pushbutton is an image, this is why you only have the choice of visibility.

I don't think its an image, it's pulled from OBJECTS/PUSHBUTTON/MOMENTARY

You could draw your own pushbutton to allow other types of animation.

You mean a polygon? I tried to do this but can see no way to assign a 'touch' event to it.

Another method would be to have multiple buttons in the different positions, and use visibility to display them as you wish.

I know what you mean but can't use this, the different positions would need to be practically infinite

Also, I noticed that when I pulled in a pushbutton from the Symbol Factory in FT View ME, it allowed me all the animation choices.

Symbol Factory? where is this?

I see what you mean about the PB. It treats it like it's a panel. Only visibility.

Symbol Factory is built into FT View ME. You should see it in your explorer window on the left, just below Global Objects.

Hopefully, you can make a PB from Symbol Factory work the way you want.