Fix32

annette2002

I'm new to PLC and right now i've to modify an old SCADA system build by FIX32 (ver6.15).
I've an AI tag that monitor the flowrate of a discharger. What I've to do is to log the volume that passes throught this discharger in 24 hr (from 8pm to 7:59pm). In the case the volume flow excess a preset value, an alarm will be sounded to alert operators. In the mean time, this daily log record can be opened up for reference, where data older than 1 years will be deleted automatically.

I'm confused with the group tags as well. In what situation am I supposed to use it?

Thanks in advance!

I would create a historical trend of your flow rate. This is done using the Historical assign function of FIX. These tags are stored in tag groups which is just an organizational tool. You can put tags in different groups to separate different parts of your plant. Or to poll tags at different rates( there are other uses also, the manual will explain). Once this is done data will be stored, this data can then be viewed by creating a Historical Display.

I would create totalizier in PLC Store Daily valve in PLC , then you
can create AI block to read this with FIX ( trend it also) Same for alarm do it in PLC first, then just create digital input block in FIX
You can then use FIX's alarm summary to display alarm.
Hope this helps a little.