mitsubishi GX Developer

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
We uploaded a program from the PLC. This was on a rung

---| |---/-----{ }

the ---| |--- Had an address
the ----{ } had an address
but the ---/--- didn't. Whatever this is was preventing the Output from being true. No labels because we uploaded the program. We used the Demo version of GX Developer.

Thanks
George

I'm not familiar with Mitsubishi's but it looks to me like an Invert Power Flow (or NOT gate) that inverts the signal at that point. I would look into what is triggering the input of that line & see if it should be off.

It was actually something like this

--| |--|----/------{ }
|
--| |--|
both inputs were on (High lighted), but output wasn't

Thanks
George

Thanks Goody. What causes it to change state. Also, what is the opposite? --| |-- with no address?

Thanks
George

George... the oppositite of 1 is 0 and the opposite of 0 is 1 so a not gate is same for both states......

I guess what I am asking is:
---| |---/-------{ }

The --| |-- was true, but the output wasn't on. What made the / change state so that the output was then on?

Thanks
George

George.. The / simply reverses the state of the logic... so if logic before it is off logic immediately after it will be on...and logic before it is on, immediately after will be off.

If everything is 'true' or on before the /
Then in your case, the output will be false or off

Any other condition before the / and the output will be on.

I have never used the / it's far too confusing (as you have found)
There are far better and easier to understand ways of programming the condition you want.

{posted at almost same time as cjd}

Last edited: